Summer brings on plenty of new challenges for your gutters, which is why it’s important to provide them with proper maintenance. This will help ensure your gutters work efficiently throughout the entire season. It’s never a good idea to put off gutter maintenance, as this could result in major structural damage to your home. Read on to learn about the many reasons it’s a good idea to do gutter maintenance this summer:
- Summer storms can cause major issues: Maintaining your gutters during the summer can help protect your home against the effects of extreme weather. Gutters allow water to properly drain from your roof, preventing it from pooling along the sides. If your gutters get clogged, the water can’t drain properly. This might cause leaks that result in water damage or the growth of mold. It’s also a good idea to check your gutters after storms, as high winds can cause debris to collect in them.
- There’s a lot of debris during summer: Storms aren’t the only things that cause debris during the summer. Debris like limbs and leaves can easily accumulate in your gutters, causing blockages. If left too long, these blockages can become hard to remove. Some debris can turn into a gunky substance after a while, which can easily clog your gutters and cause water to collect on your roof.
- Gutter maintenance provides good protection: If you want to truly protect your roof, it’s important to maintain your gutters all year long. As mention above, clogged gutters can cause pooling water on your roof. Over time, this pooling water could result in leaks, which often leads to rot and other damage. Roof repairs often cost a lot of money to take care of, but you can avoid these expenses entirely by taking good care of your gutters this summer.
- Summer is a good time to remove nests: Birds and other creatures like building their nests during summer—and sometimes, they like to build these nests in your gutters. These nests can cause clogs, so it’s important to remove them as soon as possible. Be sure to wear proper protective gear when removing nests to prevent the transfer of dangerous bacteria.
- It’s easier to look for problems: With all the gunk and debris out of the way, you can easily notice spots of rust or cracks. Fixing these types of damage as soon as possible will prevent them from growing larger. It’s especially important to have your gutters fixed before the colder months roll around.
Call in a professional
If you’re inexperienced or just don’t have time to take care of your gutters, be sure to call in a professional to do the job. Gutter experts can easily clean and maintain your gutters once or twice a year, thus ensuring your gutters work efficiently. Investing in summer gutter maintenance also ensures you’ll catch any issues before they turn into major problems.
If you’re in need of professional gutter installation or repairs, contact the experts at L & S Seamless Guttering. We provide comprehensive gutter services for both residential and commercial properties.
Categorised in: Gutters